You can never go wrong with a pastry, whether they are chocolate filled or cheese filled. These pastry puffs were introduced to me by my mother-in-law and every time we have these puff pastry sheets in the freezer, we love to pull them out and fill them with Nutella. They are the easiest to make, as you just add the filling, pop them in the oven and in a matter of minutes you will have a flakey pastry that melts in your mouth. I purchase the puff pastry sheets because it eliminates the time needed for rolling out the dough from scratch. The pastry sheets can be purchased anywhere really. I like to buy mine in bulk size - 20 sheets per case. You can find the 'Pennant French Puff Pastry' in stores like Costco, Restaurant Depot, and BJs for $36-$40 (picture below). From breakfast to dessert and really everything in between, the puff pastry dough sheets add flakey, buttery goodness to any recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Remove sheet from box and thaw at room temperature. This takes about 10 minutes, if not less - they should be easy to bend and that is how you will know they are ready to use.
2. Cut into squares and add filling inside. Pictures above is nutella.
3. I simply add a tablespoon of #Nutella in the center and fold corners to the center.
4. You may fold pastry however you like.
5. Grease a baking tray and lay
your pastries on top.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Hope you enjoyed this quick recipe! Shoot me an email if you have any questions.
All my love,